The Ginn Academy, founded in 2007 by Ted Ginn, Sr., is the only all-male public high school in Ohio. Come in and see what goes on inside the hearts and minds of 655 E. 162nd Street each day. Let us tell you our stories. Photos and text not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Congratulations to The Ginn Academy Class of 2011

On Sunday, June 5th, the second graduating class of The Ginn Academy walked across the stage at Cuyahoga Community College to receive their diplomas. We will share with you some pertinent facts and include a list of all of the colleges that the boys will attend. Otherwise we'll let the photos from the day do most of the talking.

This class of 76 young men boasts a 91% graduation rate with 92% of those pursuing post secondary education. The remaining 8% will enter vocational programs or the workforce. In total, the class of 2011 has been awarded $2.7 million in scholarship awards.

The graduates gathered tightly around Coach Ginn just before the ceremony for one of their last official pep talks, as a group, from him.

As they entered the packed and excited house, family and friends stood and cheered. The boys stopped at each landing and saluted each other. The word "pride" can hardly begin to describe what everyone was feeling that afternoon.

A handful of speeches was given to mark the importance of the day. We heard from Valedictorian Johnny Robinson, Jr., Salutatorian Richard Dowdley, Principal Clifford Hayes, CMSD School Board member Robert Heard, and the Reverend Larry Howard from Greater Friendship Baptist Church. Many of the same words were used by everyone who spoke: love, commitment, passion, faith, miracle, pride, caring, brotherhood, excellence, success, understanding. Powerful words to describe the powerful results we're seeing at The Ginn Academy. We're so proud of these boys. Please see below for the list of colleges that they'll attend in the fall. And thank you, as always, for your support.

The Ginn Academy Class of 2011 will attend the following colleges this fall:

Malone College
Bowling Green State University
Ohio Dominican University
University of Akron
University of Toledo
University of Michigan
The Ohio State University
Louisiana State University
Vattorate College
Eastern Michigan University
University of Southern California
Mercyhurst College
Thiel College
Central State University
Cuyahoga Community College
Lakeland Community College
Kansas State University
Cleveland State University
Youngstown State University
Kent State University
Grand Rapids Community College
Feather River Community College
Oregon State Community College
Tiffin University
Indiana University